More than 80 hockey players and spectators were exposed to high levels of carbon monoxide at a Lake Delton hockey rink Saturday night, according to a news release.
Around 10:30 p.m., the Delton Fire Department was notified of people reporting symptoms associated with carbon monoxide poisoning at the Poppy Waterman Ice Rink at 112 Miller Drive in Lake Delton, officials said.
After a minor league hockey game between the Dells Ducks and the Ice Hawks, from Rochester, Minnesota, players reported having headaches and feeling dizzy, and several had vomited and one had fainted.
"We had some guys who had been sick, so we just kind of thought a bug was spreading through for some guys," said Ducks assistant Coach Jake Hebeisen.�
Delton Fire Department paramedics recorded high readings of carbon monoxide inside the building when they arrived.