UW-BSC finalize residence hall request | Business
The University of Wisconsin - Baraboo/Sauk County Campus Comission sub-committee finanlzed a request for proposal and project timeline for a new residence hall on July 23.
According to a release from Sauk County, UW-BSC hopes to have a 100-bed residence hall to offer to students by August 2015.
UW-BSC Campus Comission Chairperson Phil Wedekind said, "No tax dollars will fund this project. [O]ur local government entities and campus will work with a private partener to bring the residence hall to fruition."
According to a study from Baker Tily Virchow Krause LLP, enrollment at the university has grown 5.5 percent over the past 10 years.
Currently, UW-BSC does not offer on-site housing and university CEO Dean Thomas Plegar said the new hall will make the school more attractive to international students and allow for summer programs as well.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOJ: Man sentenced for pulling loaded gun on friends at bus stop
- Madison libraries, streets division to host composting classes
- Officials look for dog, possibly named Habanero, that bit man
- Police: Scammer posts as east business on classified car sales website
- Woman scammed into sending money to Lebanon