Man accidentally shoots himself in foot | Crime
A North Freedom man was shot in the foot while cleaning his gun, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Office.
Deputies were called to the Bluff View Trailer Park on U.S. Highway 12 at 12:16 a.m. on Wednesday for a report of a man who had shot himself in the foot.
Daniel W. Cloyd, 36, was taken to the hospital for treatment and later arrested on suspicion of intoxicated use of a firearm.
Deputies said Cloyd admitted to consuming intoxicants before cleaning his gun.
No foul play is suspected.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday