International students set for Wis. celebration | News
Hundreds of Chinese, Ho-Chunk and Wisconsin high school students are set to visit Baraboo for a tri-national celebration.
The Rivers as Bridges nonprofit organization is sponsoring a celebration at the Ho-Chunk Nation House of Wellness on July 28. The four-and-a-half hour long event will feature drums, dancing, music, food, crafts, games and traditional clothing honoring Chinese and Ho-Chunk cultures.
The event is part of the Chinese students' 16-day visit to Wisconsin, Iowa and Illinois.
Rivers as Bridges formed earlier this year to bring together youth from the Mississippi and Yangtze river regions through shared experiences, focusing on natural resources, education and leadership.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 6 allegedly involved in ?violent home invasion? charged
- Police find ?realistic? BB gun in La Follette student?s backpack
- Officials: Madison police officer punched by teen
- Police: Pregnant woman sexually assaulted in ?violent? home invasion
- National, city, school leaders to focus on out-of-school-time programs