Man, 2 Juveniles Hospitalized Following Sauk County Crash | News
Two juveniles were hospitalized and a 38-year-old Reedsburg man was taken by Med Flight to the University of Wisconsin Hospital after a two-car crash on Highway 33 just east of Reedsburg on Wednesday afternoon, according to the Sauk County Sheriff's Department.
The crash occurred at about 1:30 p.m. just west of Ableman Road in Excelsior, authorities said.
Sauk County sheriff's deputies, the Reedsburg Fire Department and the Reedsburg Area Ambulance service all were called to the scene.
Deputies said a preliminary investigation revealed that a car operated by Kenneth Wilk, 38, was traveling westbound when it crossed over the center line and struck an eastbound tractor-trailer, owned by Tax-Air Freight, of Milwaukee, and operated by Randall Kreger, 42, of Sun Prairie.
Wilk and two juvenile passengers in his vehicle had to be extricated, authorities said. Both juveniles were transported by Reedsburg Ambulance to Reedsburg Area Medical Center. Wilk was transported by Med Flight. Kreger was treated and released at the scene, authorities said.
Highway 33 was shut down for a substantial time due to the investigation.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants
- Advisory to run water to prevent pipe freezes canceled