1 killed in fatal crash in Sauk County | News
A driver was killed after losing control of his vehicle, crossing the center line and striking a pickup truck Tuesday night in the township of Dellona.
Sauk County Sheriff's Department officials said that Locksley Draves, 18, of Wisconsin Dells, drifted onto the gravel shoulder of Highway H near South Avenue at about 9:45 p.m.
Draves lost control of the car and struck a truck driven by Seth Murnane, 26, of Reedsburg, authorities said.
Draves was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his vehicle, officials said. They said he suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported by helicopter to University of Wisconsin Hospital where he was pronounced dead as a result of the injuries sustained in this crash.
Murnane was wearing a seat belt and suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident remains under investigation by the Sauk County Sheriff’s Department, but officials said alcohol was not a factor.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- 04/26/2014 - Ribbon Cutting & Grand Opening - Sherwin Williams
- Middleton Police Department notified about US HWY 12 construction
- Walker upset porn-viewing teacher keeping license; District releases statement
- Court papers: Sleepy driver veered off road multiple times before hitting, killing biker
- City to flush water mains, hydrants