1 killed in fatal crash in Sauk County | News
A driver was killed after losing control of his vehicle, crossing the center line and striking a pickup truck Tuesday night in the township of Dellona.
Sauk County Sheriff's Department officials said that Locksley Draves, 18, of Wisconsin Dells, drifted onto the gravel shoulder of Highway H near South Avenue at about 9:45 p.m.
Draves lost control of the car and struck a truck driven by Seth Murnane, 26, of Reedsburg, authorities said.
Draves was not wearing a seat belt and was ejected from his vehicle, officials said. They said he suffered life-threatening injuries and was transported by helicopter to University of Wisconsin Hospital where he was pronounced dead as a result of the injuries sustained in this crash.
Murnane was wearing a seat belt and suffered non-life-threatening injuries.
The incident remains under investigation by the Sauk County Sheriff’s Department, but officials said alcohol was not a factor.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday
- Branch St. reconstruction enters 2nd phase