Citizen group to 'rap with reps' in political chat | News
Reedsburg Area Concerned Citizens host county-wide listening session
Reedsburg Area Concerned Citizens will host the first “Rap with Your Reps” session, a county-wide listening session with state legislators.
Members of the public are invited to attend the event Monday 6:30-8 p.m. at the Reedsburg Public Library, 370 Vine St.
The group said representatives Ed Brooks, Fred Clark and Sen. Jon Erpenbach will participate and Rev. Chris Miller of Loganville will moderate. Citizens said topics of discussion at the Monday meeting may include voting practices, redistricting methods, statewide mining, environmental issues, taxes and voucher school expansion .
The event is an opportunity for citizens and lawmakers to discuss important issues affecting the state, the group said in a news release. Reedsburg Area Concerned Citizens said it intends to have similar dialogue with legislators on a regular basis.
Organizers said light refreshments will be served.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday