Skimming device linked to ID theft cases | News
Arrest warrants have been issued in a string of identity theft cases in Sauk County that might be connected to a national $3 million theft ring, according to the Sauk Prairie Police Department.
Investigators said an ATM skimming device was found at the Bank of Prairie Du Sac and Sentry Foods. They said criminals stole more than $114,000 during a three-day period in November by putting a device on the card reader and collecting card information and PINs.
Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, are investigating.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Firefighters, construction company donate school supplies
- 7 schools to offer free breakfasts, lunches on school days
- Madison police chief, district officials to host community forums
- Cause of Apollo Way fire could take months to determine
- Local firefighter bikes cross county to honor fallen firefighters