Skimming device linked to ID theft cases | News
Arrest warrants have been issued in a string of identity theft cases in Sauk County that might be connected to a national $3 million theft ring, according to the Sauk Prairie Police Department.
Investigators said an ATM skimming device was found at the Bank of Prairie Du Sac and Sentry Foods. They said criminals stole more than $114,000 during a three-day period in November by putting a device on the card reader and collecting card information and PINs.
Multiple law enforcement agencies, including the Secret Service, are investigating.
Upcoming Events near Baraboo / Wisconsin Dells
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Author will discuss novel, sign books Thursday
- Middleton police look for vehicle that caused injury crash
- Meeting to discuss possible path between Pheasant Branch, Graber Pond
- Mustard Day returns with tastings, free hot dogs, Mustard Custard
- No traffic through Branch St. at Maywood Ave. intersection Wednesday